Proven Performance That’s Clear
Now Available on Both Arches
Features & Benefits
- Completely aesthetic passive self-ligation bracket with unparalleled design.
- Polycrystalline alumina (PCA) material is resistant to staining from coffee, mustard, red wine and other agents.
- Eliminates the need for elastomerics, which stain and collect bacteria during treatment.
- Advanced passive self-ligation technology with low ligation force, minimizing frictional resistance for more efficient tooth movement.
- Sturdy construction with fortified slide, window channel and tiewings for exceptional strength and durability.
- Four solid walls enable effective torque expression and rotation control for meticulous finishing.
- Customized base design with patented laser-etched pad provides optimal bond strength for greater reliability.
- Smooth, rounded contours for outstanding patient comfort.
- Optional brackets with discrete contoured hooks for elastics and other auxiliaries.
- Fast, comfortable debonding experience for patients when using the Damon Clear Debonding Instrument.
- No flash removal using a burr or scaler required.
Precision Bracket Placement
- Removable positioning gauge with scaler notch and rhomboid-shaped bracket and pad guide bracket placement for smile arc enhancement.
- Color-coded positioning gauges on brackets (3-3) denote torque values.
Fast and Easy Wire Changes
Innovative SpinTek™ slide employs reciprocal forces during opening for fast, comfortable wire changes and adjustments.
To open the slide, a simple twist using the SpinTek Opening Instrument disperses forces in opposite directions for a net force of 0 kg – even with calculus buildup.
Other self-ligation brackets require unidirectional forces to open the slide, exerting up to 1.34 kg of pressure that can cause extreme patient discomfort.
Damon Clear is the culmination of a comprehensive development effort involving several multi-site in vivo studies, third-party university research and extensive design tests.
From torque strength and rotation control to bond reliability and patient comfort, Damon Clear exceeds all specifications when compared with other aesthetic self-ligating and twin appliances.
Damon Clear is designed for use with Ormco’s proprietary force-calibrated archwires for fast, efficient tooth movement. For optimal performance and reliability, proper Damon mechanics and archwire sequencing must be employed.
From Damon Optimal-Force Copper Ni-Ti® to Low-Friction TMA™ and stainless steel, each wire is backed by Ormco’s technologically advanced manufacturing and quality control processes. That means unsurpassed batch-to-batch consistency for reliable, predictable results.
Each wire must have sufficient time to express itself before progression to the next wire. For anterior torque expression, use either pre-torqued nickel titanium archwires to make the appropriate bends in TMA or titanium niobium. For rotational bends, use TMA or titanium niobium.
Do not make finishing bends in stainless steel wires, since such bends may result in fractures.
Damon Clear Debonding Protocol
The Damon Clear Debonding Instrument must be used to debond the Damon Clear bracket. The instrument’s jaws and wedge are specially calibrated to the profile and base of the Damon Clear bracket, resulting in a fast, comfortable debonding experience for patients. No flash removal using a burr or scaler is required.
With the wedge of the instrument positioned on the occlusal side of the bracket, place the instrument jaws behind the gingival and occlusal tie-wings. Squeeze the instrument handle to close the jaws around the bracket body.
Continue squeezing the instrument handle to engage the wedge and advance it toward the bracket pad. As the wedge comes into contact with the tooth, it will peel the bracket from the tooth. NOTE: Twisting the instrument while gripping the bracket may result in patient discomfort and/or bracket deformation.
© Copyright Ormco Corporation